Monday, April 6, 2015

Fenced in garden

I just finished up a new terrain piece, a fenced in garden for my 20mm-28mm Chain of Command terrain.

Start by cutting a base of MDF board and sanding the sides and edges for blending.
Take some corrugated card and glue it in the center of the base and let dry.
then cut pieces of balsa wood and glued them around the card but first cut a piece of paper the same size that the square around the fence would be and trace the square around the card to make sure the posts are square and the pieces line up.
Next take some coffe sturrers and cut them to size and glue them to the balsa wood for your fence post. I used this old wicker like shade pieces that I had, that's a little thicker than coffe sturrers but they should work just fine, or you could use some smaller pieces of balsa wood.
Grout or sand for texture.

After it's dry spray paint black for your under coat.
Paint and flock.






I still have to add some plants to the garden. Let me know what you guys think any feed back would be great! If you have any questions feel free to email me.

4 comments:

  1. A brilliant piece of terrain Ricky, might have to steal the idea in the future. Made some improvements to my houses will be posting some pics during the run of this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg ! I just finished painting my first section of German infantry, I'm finishing up basing them today hopefully with pictures to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work Ricky, I have added a link to your blog in my blog roll, I will look forward to following it.

    John

    ReplyDelete